Monday, August 29, 2011

Another asshole, another blog


The “weigh-less” of our time, Blogging. This wonderful fad started when people realised that their opinion (no matter how bland, boring and vaguely intellectual it may be) just HAD to be shared with the world, much like I’m doing here, now. Yes, I’m aware that I’m complaining about the very thing I’m doing at this very moment, and for that I apologise, profusely. Ok, maybe not profusely, probably not at all, anyway, enough with the niceties.

My cause for grievance is not that people blog, nor that they generally blog about retarded things (“my pretty little puppy made a doodie, look at it”, “’why didn’t he call me back’, and five other gruesome truths about men ”), but the fact that I have to stare at these useless updates blocking up my inbox and my facebook feed makes my day slightly less enjoyable. On the odd occasion that I read through one of these blogs, my belief that the human race needs to be destroyed by a huge asteroid is reaffirmed.

We get it, in your head you’re the Picasso of the literary world, your artsy/edgy blogs about life, irony and the cynicism surrounding it are going to revolutionise the way everyone sees you. Instead of just seeing the “surface you”, they’ll get to see a deeper, more intellectual side, the one you hide from the world because you’re mysterious. No one cares about you.

Please!

Just stop!

Like I’m about to do!

Right, about, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment